SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation today announced that non-emergency roadwork will be suspended, where possible, from 3 p.m., Friday, May 27, until 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, May 31. Lanes will be opened in many areas, to improve traffic flow during the busy Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Motorists should stay alert, as lane closures will remain in some areas. Slow down, eliminate distractions and use caution in work zones. Work zone speed limits are in effect where posted.
Here is a list of lane closures that will remain in place this weekend:
· Shoulder closure on I-290 (Eisenhower Expressway) at Mill Rd. outside shoulder westbound side.
· East River Rd. over I-90 in Chicago is closed between Bryn Mawr & IL.72. Detour is in place.
· IL 58 (Golf Rd.) from east of Rohrssen Rd. to west of Barrington Rd. in Hoffman Estates.
· Westbound traffic will be reduced from 13’ to 11’ lanes with barricades. Follow temporary white edge line. No change to the eastbound lane.
· 25th Ave. from St. Charles Rd. to Lake St. in Bellwood and Melrose Park will be completely closed to traffic for long-term construction. Follow posted detour.
· Southbound Lake Shore Dr. (US 41) has been reduced to three 11” lanes with a right lane exit-only from southbound Lake Shore Dr. to southbound I-55 (Stevenson Expressway) ramp.
· Southbound Lake Shore Dr. to southbound Stevenson Expressway ramp has been reduced by one lane. Ramp lane reduced to 11” and shifted to right side of ramp. Southbound Stevenson Expressway reduced to two 11’ lanes.
· Westbound Algonquin Rd. at Barrington Rd. intersection; left turn and lane one closed. IL 62 (Algonquin Rd.) will only have one through lane westbound.
· Repairing and replacing bridge beams for the structure carrying IL 171 (Archer Ave.) over US 45 southbound ramp to I-294 in Justice and the structure carrying Michigan City Rd. over I-94 (Bishop Ford Freeway) in Dolton. Lane closures are in place during this construction.
· Bridge on Torrence Ave. is closed between 136th St. and 138th St. in Burnham. Follow posted detour.
· US 20 (Lake St.) from Ontarioville Rd. to Greenbrook Blvd. in Hanover Park (DuPage County). All lanes open eastbound; two lanes open westbound. Occasional daytime lane closures outside of holiday periods.
· Warrenville Rd. over the DuPage River is closed. Follow posted detour.
· Williams Rd. in Warrenville is closed. Follow posted detour.
· IL 72 and Big Timber Rd. Intersection reconstruction in unincorporated Kane County. Active work zone with one lane open in each direction.
· IL 31 over Ferson Creek in St. Charles. Traffic reduced to one lane and temporary traffic signals will be used to allow traffic to cross the existing bridge while construction is completed on the new east half.
· MacGillis Dr. is closed at the bridge over Squaw Creek in Round Lake. A posted detour is in place.
· Cuba Rd. is closed at the bridge over Flint Creek in Barrington Hills. A posted detour is in place.
· Mathon Dr. bridge is closed over the railroad and Pershing Rd. is closed from north of Mathon Dr. to Clayton St. in Waukegan. A posted detour is in place.
· IL 132 (Grand Ave.) from Fairfield Rd. to 1,000 feet west of Fairfield Rd. will be completely closed to traffic for long-term construction. A posted detour is in place.
· County Line Rd. is closed at the bridge over Kishwaukee River in Marengo Township. A posted detour is in place.
· Franklinville Rd. is closed at the bridge over Kishwaukee River Tributary in Seneca Township. A posted detour is in place.
· Lawrence Rd. is closed at the bridge over Lawrence.
· Eastbound US 30 (Jefferson St.) over Des Plaines River in Joliet. Bridge closed; please follow detour signs.
· Northbound I-57 at Wilmington Peotone Rd. to just north of the abandoned railroad is reduced to one 10’ 6” lane. The ramp merge lane is narrowed.
· IL 81 is closed at the railroad overpass in Lynn Center. IL 81 traffic is detoured on I-74, IL 17, and US 150 while the bridge over the railroad is removed and replaced.
ROCK ISLAND COUNTY
· I-74 from the Mississippi River bridge to south of Seventh Avenue in Moline. I-74 is restricted to one lane in each direction while repairs are made to the Illinois bridge structure approaching the main river bridge.
· I-80 from I-88 to north of I-74 east of Colona. Replacement of six bridges has traffic restricted to one lane in each direction.
· IL 40 over the Hennepin Canal at the south edge of Rock Falls. IL 40 is restricted to one lane in each direction as the bridge is replaced one half at a time.
· IL 2 (South Main Street) from Knowlton Avenue to Cedar Street in downtown Rockford. IL 2 northbound is restricted to one lane and IL 2 southbound traffic is detoured to IL 251 as the roadway pavement is removed and replaced.
· IL 2 (North Main Street) from Auburn Street to Riverside Boulevard in Rockford. Traffic is restricted to one lane in each direction for utility work for the project to reconstruct the two mile section of North Main Street.
· Business Route US 20 (West State Street) in Rockford. Roadway is restricted to one lane in each direction for replacement of two culverts east of Meridian Road.
· US 30, just west of Hinckley; bridge replacement; one lane open, controlled by signals.
· I-57, MM 283-297; multiple projects, multiple work zones. One lane closed in each direction. Recommended alternate route is US 45. Alternate route is posted.
· IL 1, north of US 24 in Watseka; bridge replacement. One lane open, controlled by signals.
· I-57, MM 310. Replace Kankakee River bridges. One lane open in each direction; alternate route posted between MM 308-312.
· IL 102 closed near Kankakee River State Park for bridge replacement. Detour route is posted, using IL 113.
· IL 23, just north of Long Point Road; bridge deck repairs; one lane open, controlled by signals.
· The overpass at I-74 and Exit 51 is reduced to one lane, controlled by temporary traffic signals.
· IL 95 is closed with a marked detour for one mile, just east of IL 41 near Bushnell and New Philadelphia.
· US 67 is reduced to one lane northbound between Macomb and Good Hope.