Working as a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) and serving as an active volunteer in the Quad Cities, Ina Duncan Banks was a strong champion for education. In spite of being only 43 years of age at the time of her death, Ina had compiled an impressive list of business and community service accomplishments including:
• Treasurer of Volunteer Action Center Rock Island and Scott Counties
• Past president and member of the Board of Directors, Rock Island County Chapter of the American Cancer Society
• Member of the Board of Directors Zonta Club, Moline-Rock Island
Ina’s professionalism, courage and humanity impressed everyone who knew her. The scholarship was established by her friends and family.
Applicants should apply online at www.molinefoundation.org. All scholarships must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. All reference letters need to be mailed with a postmark on or before Wednesday, March 15, 2017 to: The Moline Foundation
817 11th Avenue, Moline IL 61265. Requirements:
1. One $1,000 Scholarship will be awarded in 2017
2. Applicant should be a female, undergraduate student who wishes to continue their education to pursue challenging and diverse career opportunities
3. Applicants must have successfully completed at least two years of their undergraduate work and should be entering their junior or senior year of a college or university
4. Applicant must be resident of Rock Island County, IL, attending or planning to attend a four-year college or university
5. Applicant must show high academic achievement, community service involvement, and to some extent, financial need
6. Submit: Transcript, two letters of reference and an essay in 200 words or less “What is your chosen career field?” or "What challenges you about attending college?"
All applications are online on the Moline Foundation website. Please check the Moline Foundation website: www.molinefoundation.org or contact Linda Daily at (309)764-4193 if you have further questions.
The Moline Foundation, founded in 1953, is a community foundation which provides grants to health, human services, education, community development, the arts and other charitable organizations which benefit the citizens of Moline and the surrounding area. The Moline Foundation receives and administers charitable gifts for all citizens in a seven county region including Rock Island, Henry, Mercer, Warren, Henderson and McDonough in Illinois and Scott County in Iowa.