THURSDAY, JULY 11, 2013
THEME: “COLOR KEWANEE”
8am – Noon: Walldogs Registration Continues
Location: Flemish American Club, 313 N. Burr Boulevard
9am- 6pm: “Art in the Sky” Art Show
Location: Good’s Furniture Skywalk, 200 N. Main St.
Artwork from Walldog Artists, local artists, and former area residents on display.
Sponsored by Good’s Furniture
12:00pm to 1:00pm: Press Conference – Jen Hoelzle, Illinois State Director of Tourism
Location: 200 W. Third St. (green space next to Kewanee Amtrak Depot)
All Day: Sidewalk Days
Location: Downtown Kewanee
6:30pm -9pm: Concerts in the Park featuring the Jim Markum Swing Band
Location: 300 W. Third St. (Corner of 3rd St. and Chestnut St. next to Station House Restaurant) –food will be available through the Station House Restaurant
The Jim Markum Swing Band is a 12-piece group that features very talented musicians that pack a HUGE punch! From screamin’ brass to wailin’ saxes, jammin’ rhythms to drippin’ ballads, this band has it all. Featuring Jim Markum on lead trumpet, their signature sound includes screamin’ high notes and technical prowess other bands can only dream about.
Kewanee Historical Society
211 N. Chestnut St.
Open Thursday, July 11th to Saturday, July 13th: 1pm-5 pm. Looking for information about the history of a particular mural? Stop by and a volunteer will be on hand to talk about Kewanee’s murals and their historical inspirations.
Location Of Murals
- 214 S. Main St. – B & B Printing – Dreamland Theater
- 213 W. 3rd St. – Cerno’s Bar & Grill – Prairie Chicken Beer/Kewanee Brewery
- 205 W. 1st. St. – Country Morning Coffee – Kewanee Authors
- 306 N. Tremont St. – Dooley’s Plumbing & Heating – Agriculture/Kewanee Machinery & Conveyor
- 226 N. Main St. – Hair Essentials/Heartfelt – Railroad/Streetcars
- 211 N. Chestnut St. – Kewanee Historical Society – Kewanee Fire
- 125 N. Tremont St. – OSF Building/Kewanee Hospital (owner) – Kewanee Industry
- 315 W. 2nd St. – People’s Cleaners – Sandy’s
- 207 N. Tremont St. – Peoples National Bank – Cole Brothers Air Show
- 102 W. 3rd St. – Spets Brothers -
- 210 W. 3rd St. – Kewanee Amtrak Station (free standing double sided sign in grassy area). – 2 murals – Welcome to Kewanee and Fred Francis/Woodland Palace
- 315 W. 1st St. – Kewanee YMCA – S.S. Kewanee
- 200 W. 5th St. – VFW - Military
- 105 S. Main St. – Former Novak’s Building/Current Wolf Building - Cornhuskers